Propoint is looking for an energetic and intelligent IT Intern to team up with our skilled IT Manager! As an intern you’ll participate in a comprehensive learning and professional experience in the technology space at our growing creative agency.
We are an independent creative agency trusted by the world’s top brands to create design and branding solutions. Our extraordinary team has delivered over 10,000 successful projects to thousands of clients, from startups to the Fortune 100. We partner with our clients to build visual stories and experiences that engage people, enhance brands, and grow business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, application software, and perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Help identify and execute opportunities for automating tasks for IT, managers, the team, and the world.
- Perform research and evaluate products and software to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Contribute in improving functionality for Propoint’s website, including problem solving and maintenance.
- A bunch of other fun projects as assigned.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary school program and be able to receive school credit for the internship. This internship is UNPAID (school credit only).
- Pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering / Development or something equivalent.
- Experience with MacOS, Linux, Windows 7, 8, and 10 in a technical support environment.
- Capacity to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and communication skills.
- Friendly and approachable personality. Eager to learn and contribute.
NICE IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Linux command line experience.
- Awareness of the IT industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction.
- A fondness for cat memes.
PAY & PERKS
- School Credit.
- You’ll walk away with some awesome and relevant IT experience.
- Creative, fun, and unapologetically nerdy work environment